Lauren's Journals in Portugal

Lauren's Journals in Portugal

Thursday, August 22, 2013

the beginning of the journey...

 
 

God has given me the awesome opportunity to serve Him in Canada!

How it came to be--
During my first year at Word of Life Bible Institute in Florida, the Canadian extension was low in student numbers and was needing some counselors for the summer. I was instantly interested, for several reason- 1) I had never been to Canada 2) sounded a lot cooler than it would be in Florida!
Never been a too big of a fan for stuffy hot weather...
Everything worked out that first summer, I was able to spend my summer ministry in Canada.
I loved every minute of everything- the campers, the counselors that I worked along beside, the weather, the family atmosphere, I really loved Canada!
The following fall, it wasn't until after graduation that I decided to do Word of Life's second year. Going to college for one more year gave me the opportunity to spend another summer in Canada!
During my school year, I was offered a position to intern in Canada. I had been praying about interning and I just didn't know where yet- so being offered a position it was really hard to not say "yes" right away and to pray about it to know whether that was where God was leading me or not.
It was crazy! I had several friends of mine ask me if I had thought about interning before, not even knowing that I had been thinking about it or that I had been offered a position!
One of my friends asked, "Lauren, how many more times will someone have to ask you if you are going to do this or not?" None of them even knowing the situation!
It was awesome to see God's hand in every detail!

This past summer I spent it also as a counselor at camp in Canada. I was completely focused on summer camp and the campers that it was really hard to think about the fall. Summer came to an end so quickly, leaving me with a little over a week to get all the details for internship pulled together.

God is not small.

God will work where God needs God's work done.
He will call who ever He wants, and it will never be those that are equipped.
But He doesn't call those that are not willing to do His work.

He who calls you is faithful;
he will surely do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:24&25
 

No comments:

Post a Comment